We release a monthly economic update, a monthly topical article and a quarterly newsletter.
The monthly economic update, Economic Update, takes a look at the latest issues affecting local and international markets.
The monthly topical article, Keeping in Touch, looks at different areas of financial advice and provides useful information, including any updates and changes within the financial services industry.
Our quarterly client newsletter, The Key, keeps you up to date with the current hot topics in the world of financial planning and personal wealth management. Topics can include superannuation, investment, retirement, wealth protection through insurance, redundancy and estate planning.
Please feel free to share our content with friends and family members.
Market Wrap - February 2016
Download Market Wrap - February 2016
Market Highlights - February 2016
- Share markets dropped sharply in January posting one of their worst starts to a year
- Concerns over growth in China and falling oil prices initially caused concerns
- The European Central Bank (ECB) signalled potentially more stimulus while the Bank of Japan (BoJ) cut rates into negative territory
Keeping in Touch - February 2016
Download Keeping in Touch - February 2016
New year, fresh ideas
With the New Year now underway, how are you going to manage your money differently in 2016?
Looking at your finances with fresh eyes will help you get set for the year ahead and give you a better chance of achieving what you want in life financially.
Market Wrap - January 2016
Download Market Wrap - January 2016
Market Highlights - January 2016
- Central bank actions drove markets as the US Federal Reserve (Fed) raised interest rates for the first time in nine years
- Weaker sentiment in commodity markets, especially oil, also weighed on risk appetite
- Signs of stabilisation in China and strong employment saw Australia buck the trend
Keeping in Touch - December 2015
Download Keeping in Touch - December 2015
Will your age pension be reduced next year?
After being first announced in the 2015 Federal Budget, there are some changes to the age pension that will come into effect on 1 January 2017.
This could mean an increase or decrease in pension for some, while others could have their pension entitlement removed completely.
The Economic Update - December 2015
Download The Economic Update - December 2015
Market Highlights - December 2015
- Diverging expectations for global central banks drove mixed market results
- Markets are close to anticipating a December rate hike by the US Federal Reserve
- Emerging market shares were impacted by China and expected US rate hike
- Strong jobs growth in Australia saw markets reduce expectations for rate cuts
The Key Newsletter – Summer 2015
Download The Key Newsletter – Summer 2015
Issue 49 of the latest market insights from Financial Services Partners includes:
• Leadership change and the impact on Federal Budget measures
• Latest changes to concession and health care cards
• The ‘China effect’ and what it means for global growth
• Health and wellness holidays
The Economic Update - November 2015
Download The Economic Update - November 2015
Market Highlights - November 2015
- Central banks help lift investor sentiment and share markets
- US Federal Reserve leaves door open for December rate hike
- China emphasises reform and innovation in the 18th Plenary session
- Weaker inflation leaves room for the Reserve Bank of Australia to c…
Keeping in Touch - November 2015
Download Keeping in Touch - November 2015
Getting set for the year ahead
Setting aside time to regularly review your finances is one of the easiest ways to keep your plans on track and work towards achieving your financial goals. But time is often our enemy.
With this in mind, the end of the year is as good a time as any to sit down and take a look at your finances and make any necessary changes before the start of 2016.
Connection Point October 2015
Download Connection Point October 2015
Welcome to the October edition of Connection Point. This month we cover:
- New Social Security rates and thresholds from 20 September 2015
- New aged care fees and thresholds from 20 September 2015
- Lost member account thresholds increased
- Look through tax treatment for LRBAs
The Economic Update - October 2015
Download The Economic Update - October 2015
Market Highlights - October 2015
- Global growth uncertainties, centred on emerging markets, weighed on markets
- The US Federal Reserve postponed its decision to lift interest rates
- A change in Australia’s Prime Minister was seen as lifting confidence
- Global sovereign bonds outperformed global shares
More Articles ...